Today is the last day of Term One! Which means tomorrow is the first day of the holidays and the beginning of our poetry bonanza. First I have posted a poem I wrote about one of our cats then I have some more writing ideas for you.
A frisky cat
a whisker cat
a flippy flappy zippy cat.
A sniffy cat
a hissy cat
a dishy dashy darty cat.
BUT WAIT A SECOND!
Our cat likes to lounge and laze,
she likes the fire on winter days
she likes my lap, she likes to nap.
A sleepy cat, a slow cat
a stretched-out-on-the-couch cat.
© Paula Green 2013
Here are some ideas for the school holidays if you want to send things to NZ Poetry Box.
1. Write a letter about a book you love or a poem you love or an author you love to read.
2. Choose any challenge I have already posted and give that a go.
3. Try writing a funny poem with a fish, a cat and a hat in it.
4. Try writing another funny poem with spaghetti, shoes and a bird in it.
5. Try writing a poem about the funniest thing that ever happened to you (you can make this up if you like).
6. Try writing a poem about the strangest thing that has happened to you (you can also make this up if you like!).
7. Try writing a poem about your earliest memory.
8. Try writing a poem about what you would like to do in the holidays if you had super powers and could do anything.
9. Try rewriting my hat poem and putting your own things in it (look for the poem on my blog on April 12th).
10. Try writing a poem about your favourite toy but you can only use twelve words.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, age, year, name of school. Sayb it is for the holiday bonanza.
Happy Holidays young writers and thank you so much for making this a fun and inspiring project. Bravo!