Here are some starting points (or ideas) for poems with food in them.
1. Write a poem with your favourite food in it. Hunt for delicious words that make the food simmer and steam in the poem.
2.. Write a poem with your least favourite food in it! Hunt for words that show us why you don’t like the taste.
3. Write a list poem with food in it (food beginning with the same letter, all vegetables, all cold things, all hot things, summer food, winter food, what your dog eats, what your cat eats, what you eat when you go to stay with your grandparents, … ).
4. Write a poem with food in it that makes you remember someone (your aunt, uncle, nana, granddad, mum, dad, brother, sister, friend …).
5. Write a food poem that makes you remember a place you visited.
6. Write a poem with food in it that takes you to a different country.
7. Write a disgusting food poem or a funny food poem.
8. Find some good similes for food.
9. Write a poem that has no more than twelve words about the most delicious thing to eat in the world.
10. Write a poem about what is in your lunch box.
Don’t forget to send your poem to email@example.com. Include your name, age, year and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email. You have until Thursday July 4th 5pm.