Here are some starting points (ideas) for a story poem where you use your imagination:
1. What might happen if you went back in time? Where would you go? What would happen to you?
2. Write about what happens when you find a magic bottle.
3. Write a poem as if you are a character from a book you like.
4. Write a poem as if you can fly.
5. Write a poem as if you are a Hero Dog.
6. Write a poem as if you had three magic wishes.
7. Write a poem about a made-up animal.
8. Write a poem about a dog, a mouse and an elephant (or any three animals you like). What happens?
9. Write a poem as if you have a Super Power.
10. Make up your own poem about a porridge pot that never stops bubbling over in your kitchen.
11. Make up a poem about the worst day of your life (use your imagination).
12. Write a poem about the best day of your life (use your imagination).
13. Retell a myth or legend as a poem but use no more than 20 words.
DEADLINE for your Story-Poem Challenge: Wednesday June 4th
Send to email@example.com. Include your name, year, age and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email. PLEASE say it’s for the Story-Poem challenge.
I will post my favourites and have a book prize for some poets.