I hope you have a wonderful time in the holidays! HAPPY happy HAPPY holidays!
If you want to keep up with all the exciting things coming up on Poetry Box this year you should follow the blog.
Here are some poem ideas you might like to try in the holidays.
I will post my favourites and find a book prize for one or two.
Send to: email@example.com Include your name, age, year and name of school.
DEADLINE: July 18th
1. If you live in Auckland, work on your cat poem for my book-launch competition (The Letterbox Cat).
2. Write a poem about your dream holiday (real or invent it)!
3. Write a poem about the funniest thing that has happened to you on holiday.
4. Write a poem with a verb on every line.
5. Write a poem about your nightmare holiday (real or invented).
6. Write a poem where you hide the rhyme.
7. Write a poem about make believe place (a cloud city, an underwater house, a tree city ….)
8. Write a poem using a list of your favourite book characters.
8. Write a poem with ZERO rhyme about a pet.
9. Write whatever you like!