My challenge is all about putting poems in fascinating places in fascinating ways.
I love the idea of this challenge and I am inspired to do it because of the beach-poem event I am doing with Golden Sands School in Papamoa on my Hot Spot Poetry Tour of NZ.
You can work on this over the holidays!
1. Write a poem about anything you like. It might fit where you put it or it might not!
2. Find a fascinating place to write it. On the sand or in the mud or in the grass or on a window or a mirror or on a path. Over to you! You can use chalk or shells or leaves or grass or twigs. Whatever you like! You could use cotton wool or material or wool or tinsel or glitter. Just don’t harm plants when you do it! Let you imagination go flying.
3. Take a photo of it to send me.
4. Deadline: You have until November 8th to do this but if I can (while I am on tour) I will post them as I get them. I may not be able to because I don’t have a laptop.
5. Send to email@example.com. Include your name, year, age and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email. PLEASE say it’s for the Fascinating Place-Poem challenge.
I will post my favourites and I will have a $50 book voucher for my two favourite ones (Year 0 to Year 8).