Don’t forget I am on the hunt for children and classes to interview NZ authors and children to write reviews of NZ books.
This week I will share some books I have enjoyed.
And here is a wee poem challenge for you.
Try writing a poem inspired by another poem, especially a poem by a NZ author.
1. You might borrow the title.
2. You might borrow the first line.
3. You might borrow the last line.
4. You might be inspired by a phrase.
5. You might be inspired by the subject of the poem.
6. Or the mood.
7. Or anything else.
8. After the title write: Inspired by and then the name of the poet and their title
for example: Inspired by James K Baxter’s ‘The Tree House’
9. Thanks to the very lovely Helen Parsons, I have a copy of James K Baxter’s poems for children to give to one young poet.
DEADLINE for your ‘Poem inspired by a Poem’ Challenge: Wednesday May 20th
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, year, age and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email.
PLEASE say it’s for the ‘Poem inspired by a Poem’ challenge. Put in the subject line of the email please.
I will post my favourites (Year 0 to Year 8) on May 22nd.