1. If you vote for the Children’s Choice books at The NZ Children’s Book Awards you and your school will go into the draw to win some books. A vote for The Letterbox Cat is a vote for Poetry! Voting form here.
2. Don’t forget I am on the hunt for children to pick a NZ author to interview. You pick – I try and set it up for you (class, reading group or an individual). It is a golden opportunity to do something special. email@example.com
3. I am on the hunt for children to review NZ books – any genre! firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Still time to enter Fourth fabulous Poetry Competition
You send in 12 poems in total from your school (an age range is an advantage but not essential).
There is no theme.
You can write any kinds of poems you like.
They get sent to The New Zealand Book Council not me.
Only winners will be notified.
Finalists and winners will be posted on the blog and on NZBC web site on Monday August 10th.
You need to send in one entry form with all the details completed.
Each poem must have child’s age, name and year.
Entry Forms here
5. I got some really cool notebooks at The LIANZA Children’s Book Awards. I have some to give away for this challenge.
It is the middle of winter, so time to write a winter poem. Remember real detail will make your winter poem sing.
Collect words first using your senses.
Collect things you do and see and eat.
What does it look like out your window in winter?
Does your poem sound good?
DEADLINE for your Winter-Poem Challenge: Wednesday July 1st
Send to email@example.com. Include your name, year, age and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email.
PLEASE say it’s for the Winter-Poem challenge. Put in the subject line of the email please.
I will post my favourites and have cool notebooks for a poet (Year 0 to Year 8).