Dear young poetry fans,
Today is National Poetry Day in NZ. A perfect time to celebrate poetry.
Here some ideas of what you might like to do:
- write a poem for someone you love and give it to them (Mum, Dad, a friend, a sibling, a grandparent)
- get a NZ poetry book out of the library, read it and write a letter to the author (send c/- publisher)
- buy a NZ poetry book, read it and write a letter to the author
- chalk a poem on the pavement at school
- make a poem tree in your school library
- make a poem tree at home and send me a photo
- make a poem poster of your favourite poem you have written
- make poem biscuits with words on (thanks the Lovewells!)
- video yourself reading a poem
- write a poem just for yourself. Put it an envelope and open it next year on Poetry Day!